Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Plans, Yet?

Summer vacation has finally arrived! There are many things to do over the summer that make vacations truly memorable. I think the neighborhoods in Chicago have lots of fun things to do if you're looking for something to do. The lakefront is one of my favorite parts about living in Chicago, and the diverse cultures and types of people are another that's right up there on top.


Both, fun by the lake and different cultures can be found right in Edgewater!


As I sit inside the library on this gorgeous day, I am looking at the sparkling, blue water and rippling waves of The Lake. Even though I can't be at the beach today, I know that the summer has much in store for beach lovers like me :)


What's your favorite summertime festival? Just north in Rodger's Park they have an arts festival in July and lots of cool events throughout the weeks. News for Rodger's Park highlights new happenings and shows on their monthly web page.


I'm looking forward to checking out my favorite baseball team a few times too. What's summer without baseball and barbeques? The Chicago White Sox boast Fireworks on Friday nights and Half Price tickets on Mondays.


Or, better yet doing instead of watching is fun too! Outside I am looking forward to playing Frisbee, soccer, or catch. Prefer inside? Grab a book, or notebook and imagine yourself in the place you've always wanted to go. Start a book club with a few friends. Teenreads.com has some great ideas for books and how to get started. Beginner's Luck by Laura Pederson looks like a great read.


I hope to keep posting summer happenings you can check back for updates. Hope you're having a safe and fun summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment