Sunday, March 6, 2011

Favorite scenes from Novels and Stories



In the novel Hunger Games I love the scene where Katniss stands up and takes the place of her sister, Prim.
"With one sweep of my arm I push her behind me. "I volunteer!", I
gasp. "I volunteer as tribute!"" page 22

This part makes me think about: Have you ever had to stand up for someone who needed protection? How did it make you feel? What response did you get from others?

The Boy Who Drew Cates is a Japanese folk tale. The boy finds out that his interest in drawing cats may someday make him a famous artist.
"He drew them because he could not really help it. He had what they call "the
genius of an artist""

This part of the story shows the boy starting to understand his interests. This week we did some fun and interesting beat box small group performances in music. I was wondering how does creating art, music, or acting make you feel?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a neat web site that I came across. The website is called Book Leads and it has many different ways to create responses to things that we're thinking or reading.

    It can be found at:
    http://bookleads.wikispaces.com/

    I have noticed a lot of students incorporting pictures, music, and videos into their projects. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the raps its so funny such as when they were talking about "the waiters"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this story. This story is about a clever boy from a small Japanese village who is too small to be of any real help working in the fields. So he is sent to a nearby monastery to become a monk. But all he wants to do is draw cats, which annoys the monks when he keeps drawing instead of focusing on his lessons. drawing is one of his favorite thing to do when he is bored.

    ReplyDelete